- Record your song from the Session View into the Arrangement View (the first workflow we did in the session). Look through the notes from today’s session and use the techniques covered to edit your song. Congratulations – you’ve completed your first project in Ableton Live! Remember to save different versions as you go along, and to back up your work.
2. Follow these steps if you want to export your song:
Watch Liina’s video on the second workflow we did in the session and follow it to create another song from samples. Liina has a free PDF guide to this workflow on her website which you can download and use as a reference.
Share your music and get feedback from us:
We’d like to warmly invite you to share your track / snippet of music / whatever you’ve created! Our SoundCloud playlist is a kind, judgement-free zone. 😊 Just follow these steps before the deadline given on your end-of-course email (a few weeks after Session 4):
- Create a Soundcloud account if you don’t already have one. Check this guide for help getting started.
- Upload your music. If you set it to private, only Equalize teachers will hear your track. If you set it to public we’ll add it to our Equalize SoundCloud Playlist and may feature you on our Instagram.
- Email us the link to your music: email@example.com. Please write your name, course title + day in the subject line, e.g. ‘Emily Johnson, Level 1, Mondays’. Then we’ll listen, email you feedback and choose the Star Student. Woo! 😀