Includes free Ableton Live Intro licence!
WE ARE CURRENTLY TAKING BREAK FROM delivering COURSES – JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST BELOW TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN OUR NEXT COURSES OPEN FOR BOOKING!
Ableton Live Course For Beginners
Facts about this course:
- This 4-week online course is for women, non-binary & trans people* aged 18+ to learn music production with Ableton Live.
- Each session is 2 hours and you will need a laptop, internet connection and pair of headphones to take part.
- For £145** you will receive 8 hours of taught group lessons, coursework tasks, resource materials, email support and feedback.
- After the course you’ll have time to finish and send us your song, then we’ll give email feedback and (optionally) feature you on our SoundCloud playlist. 🙂
- You will access this course through a Zoom link which you will receive after booking a place.
- You’ll do the course using the trial version of Live and students who complete all 4 sessions will receive a free Ableton Live Intro licence. We’ll email you instructions on how to install the software.
- Read more about the course content below.
We will make your learning easy:
- No musical experience is necessary.
- Each group will be maximum 20 participants.
- One ‘Star Student’ will receive a goody bag of Ableton Live merch!
- The most common barriers to learning are time and confidence, so if you’re not sure you can do it, we know how you feel and we want to help. We’ll provide the knowledge, resources and support for you to produce music and develop an unstoppable mindset!
- The course will be taught by two female or non-binary tutors; one will lead the lesson and the other will answer your questions on the chat. You’ll be able to ask questions privately or share with the group.
- We have two free places available on each Level 1 course for people who can’t afford it – details are on each course booking page.
*Women / trans women / trans men / non-binary / agender / or gender variant people.
**NOTE! The early-bird tickets for Level 1 courses are £145. The ticket price will change to £195 one month before the course start date.
THE TUTORS on all our courses are taught by professional female or non-binary music producers. In this picture you can see our tutor Iida Aino. If you’d like a chat to one of our tutors before booking and see if this course is for you, you can book a 15-minute meeting with Emily Johnson, Equalize Music Production co-founder and tutor. She’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Get to know all our tutors here.
You can also get a flavour of our tutor Emily’s teaching style in this video:
ABLETON LIVE – Level 1 Course Content
This course is for complete beginners. We’ll provide step-by-step learning in a friendly and supportive environment.
Week 1: The Session View
- Introduction to the basic functions of Live
- How to program beats
Week 2: MIDI & Live
- Choose Instruments in Live and record melodies / basslines
- Create and edit MIDI clips
Week 3: Using Effects
- Organise your Project with names, colours and groups
- Add Audio Effects
- Play with MIDI Effects
- Key mapping & MIDI mapping
Week 4: The Arrangement View
- Record your ideas from the Session View into the Arrangement View
- Learn more techniques to arrange and edit your clips
- Create a song using Samples from the Browser