Ableton Live Course For Beginners
This 4-week online course is for women & non-binary people aged 16+ to learn music production with Ableton Live. Each session is 2 hours and you will need a laptop, internet connection and pair of headphones to take part. No musical experience is necessary. The most common barriers to learning are time and confidence, so if you’re not sure you can do it, we know how you feel and we want to help. We’ll provide the knowledge, resources and support for you to produce music and develop an unstoppable mindset!
Ableton Live – Level 1
- For £55* you will receive 4 x 2-hour taught group lessons, coursework tasks, resource materials and email support.
- The course will be taught by two female tutors; one will lead the lesson and the other will answer your questions on the chat. You’ll be able to ask questions privately or share with the group. Each group will be maximum 20 participants.
- You’ll do the course using the trial version of Live and students who complete all 4 sessions will receive a free Ableton Live Intro licence. We’ll email you instructions on how to install the software.
- One ‘Star Student’ will receive a goody bag of Ableton Live merch!
*NOTE! The early-bird tickets for Level 1 courses are £55. The ticket price will change to £65 one week (7 days) before the course start date.
21.09 – 12.10.2020
Mondays 19.00 – 21:00 BST (UK time)
24.09 – 15.10.2020
Thursdays 19.00 – 21:00 BST (UK time)
12.01 – 02.02.2021
Tuesdays 13.00 – 15:00 GMT (UK time)
13.01 – 03.02.2021
Wednesdays 19.00 – 21:00 GMT (UK time)
23.03 – 13.04.2021
Tuesdays 19.00 – 21:00 GMT (UK time)
ABLETON LIVE – Level 1 Course Content
This course is for complete beginners. We’ll provide step-by-step learning in a friendly and supportive environment.
Week 1: The Session View
- Introduction to the basic functions of Live
- How to program beats
Week 2: MIDI & Live
- Choose Instruments in Live and record melodies / basslines
- Create and edit MIDI clips
Week 3: Developing Your Ideas
- Organise your Project with names, colours and groups
- Add Audio Effects
- Play with MIDI Effects
Week 4: The Arrangement View
- Record your ideas from the Session View into the Arrangement View
- Learn more techniques to arrange and edit your clips
- Create a song using Samples from the Browser