The dates and bookings of our next Level 2 courses:
Ableton Live For Advancing Beginners
Facts about this course:
- This is a 4-week online course for women, non-binary & trans people* aged 18+ in music production with Ableton Live.
- You will need a laptop, internet connection and pair of headphones to take part.
- For £165** you will receive 4 x 2-hour live group lessons, coursework tasks, resource materials and email support.
- After the course you’ll have time to finish and send us your song, then we’ll give email feedback and (optionally) feature you on our SoundCloud playlist. 🙂
- You can do the course using any version of Live (Intro, Standard or Suite), but if you have Live Lite or if you don’t have Ableton Live, you’ll need to download and install the trial version of Live.
- The course will be held over Zoom link, which you will receive after purchasing a place on a course.
- Read more about the course content from below.
Is this course for me?
- You don’t need to be an expert in Ableton Live to join us on this course, you just need to know the basic concepts such as Tracks, Clips, the Session View, the Arrangement View and the Browser. The course will deepen your knowledge of music production with Ableton Live, covering recording, synthesis and arrangement.
- If you’ve already done our Ableton Live for Beginners course (Level 1), you’re in the right place! If you’re a complete beginner, please check out our Level 1 course here and learn more about all of our courses here.
We will make your learning easy:
- Each group has maximum 20 participants.
- The course will be taught by two female tutors; one will lead the lesson and the other will answer your questions on the chat. You’ll be able to ask questions privately or share with the group.
- One ‘Star Student’ will receive a goody bag of Ableton merch in the post!
- The most common barriers to learning are time and confidence, so if you’re not sure you can do it, we know how you feel and we want to help. We’ll provide the knowledge, resources and support for you to produce music and develop an unstoppable mindset!
- We have one free place available on each Level 2 course for someone who can’t afford it – if you’re interested, please email us with details about your financial situation and why you want to do the course.
*Including women / trans women / trans men / non-binary / agender / or gender variant people.
**NOTE! The early-bird tickets for Level 2 courses are £165. The ticket price will change to £215 one month before the start date of the course.
THE TUTORS on all our courses are taught by professional female or non-binary music producers. In this picture, you can see our tutor Emily J Electric. If you’d like a chat to one of our tutors before booking and see if this course is for you, you can book a 15-minute meeting with Emily, who is also Equalize Music Production co-founder and tutor. She’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Get to know all our tutors here.
Liina “LNA” Turtonen, Equalize co-founder and tutor, has her own YouTube channel – check out this video for a flavour of her teaching style:
ABLETON LIVE – Level 2 Course Content
We’ll provide step-by-step learning in a friendly and supportive environment.
Week 1: Recording Audio with Live
- Overview of gear & techniques to record good quality audio
- Recording using your laptop microphone (low-fi!)
Week 2: Synthesis & Sampling
- Different types of audio synthesis
- What is sampling?
- Introduction to Live’s Simpler Instrument
- Use Instrument Racks
Week 3: Creative production techniques
- Fun Audio & MIDI Effects
- Use Automation to make changes over time
- Use Audio Effect Racks
Week 4: Arranging & Finishing Your Track
- Easy ways to create chord progressions and variations on your ideas
- Tips on song arrangement
- How to finish and export your track