Ableton Live For Advancing Beginners
This is a 4-week online course for women & non-binary people aged 16+ in music production with Ableton Live. Each session is 2 hours and you will need a laptop, internet connection and pair of headphones to take part. You don’t need to be an expert in Ableton Live to join us on this course, you just need to know the basic concepts such as Tracks, Clips, the Session View, the Arrangement View and the Browser. If you’ve already done our Level 1 course, you’re in the right place! If you’re a complete beginner, please check out our Level 1 course here.
The most common barriers to learning are time and confidence, so if you’re not sure you can do it, we know how you feel and we want to help. We’ll provide the knowledge, resources and support for you to produce music and develop an unstoppable mindset!
- For £85* you will receive 4 x 2-hour taught group lessons, coursework tasks, resource materials and email support.
- The course will deepen your knowledge of music production with Ableton Live, covering recording, synthesis and arrangement.
- The course will be taught by two female tutors; one will lead the lesson and the other will answer your questions on the chat. You’ll be able to ask questions privately or share with the group. Each group has maximum 20 participants.
- You can do the course using any version of Live (Intro, Standard or Suite), but if you have Live Lite or if you don’t have Ableton Live, we would ask you to download and install the trial version of Live.
- One ‘Star Student’ will receive a goody bag of Ableton merch in the post!
*NOTE! The early-bird tickets for Level 2 courses are £85. The ticket price will change to £110 one week (7 days) before the start date of the course.
This is the last time we’ll offer courses at this price – it will increase from May 2021!
02.11 – 23.11.2020
Mondays – 19.00 BST UK time
23.02 – 16.03.2021
Tuesdays – 19.00 BST UK time
ABLETON LIVE – Level 2 Course Content
We’ll provide step-by-step learning in a friendly and supportive environment.
Week 1: Recording Audio with Live
- Overview of gear & techniques to record good quality audio
- Recording using your laptop microphone (low-fi!)
Week 2: Synthesis & Sampling
- Different types of audio synthesis
- What is sampling?
- Introduction to Live’s Simpler Instrument
- Use Instrument Racks
Week 3: Creative production techniques
- Fun Audio & MIDI Effects
- Use Automation to make changes over time
- Use Audio Effect Racks
Week 4: Arranging & Finishing Your Track
- Tips on song arrangement
- Build-ups and breakdowns
- How to export your track