Ableton Live – Intro to Mixing
This is a 4-week online course for women & non-binary people aged 16+ in mixing music with Ableton Live. Each session is 2 hours and you will need a laptop, internet connection and pair of headphones to take part. You don’t need to be an expert in Ableton Live, you just need to know the basic concepts such as: Tracks, Clips, the Session & Arrangement Views, and the Browser. If you are new to Ableton Live and wish to learn the basics, check out our Ableton Live Level 1 course. Anyone who has already done L1 is welcome to do this Mixing Course, and Mixing can be done alongside Level 2.
The most common barriers to learning are time and confidence, so if you’re not sure you can do it, we know how you feel and we want to help. We’ll provide the knowledge, resources and support for you to mix music and develop an unstoppable mindset!
- For £85* you will receive 4 x 2-hour taught group lessons, coursework tasks, resource materials and email support.
- The course will give you an introduction to mixing songs. We will start by explaining what mixing is and why it’s an important skill. You’ll learn to use return tracks, effects, and dynamic processing to make your songs sound bigger, deeper, wider and polished.
- The course will be taught by two female tutors; one will lead the lesson and the other will answer your questions on the chat. You’ll be able to ask questions privately or share with the group. Each group has maximum 20 participants.
- You can do the course using any version of Live (Intro, Standard or Suite), but if you have Live Lite or if you don’t have Ableton Live, we would ask you to download and install the trial version of Live.
- One ‘Star Student’ will receive a goody bag of Ableton merch in the post!
*NOTE! The early-bird tickets for Mixing courses are £85. The ticket price will change to £110 one week (7 days) before the start date of the course.
This is the last time we’ll offer courses at this price – it will increase from May 2021!
08.03 – 29.03.2021
Mondays – 19.00 BST UK time
ABLETON LIVE – Intro to Mixing Course Content
We’ll provide step-by-step learning in a friendly and supportive environment.
Week 1: Mixing explained
- The basics of mixing
- How to mix a song from start to finish
Week 2: Dynamic Processing
Week 3: Creative mixing techniques
- Using effects
- Creative mixing
Week 4: Make your track pop!