THE DATES AND BOOKINGS OF OUR NEXT MAKE A DEMO COURSES:
Make a Demo Course For Beginners
Facts about this course:
- This 1-day online course is for women, non-binary & trans people* aged 18+ to learn how to create a song demo with Ableton Live.
- You will need a laptop, internet connection and pair of headphones to take part.
- For £40** you will receive a day of taught group lessons, email support and plenty of chance to ask questions.
- You will access this course through a Zoom link which you will receive after booking a place.
- You’ll do the course using Ableton Live; if you don’t already have it you can install the free 90-day trial version. If you like it and continue to our Level 1 course, you’ll receive a free licence for Ableton Live Intro at the end.
- Read more about the course content below.
We will make your learning easy:
- No musical experience is necessary.
- Each group will be maximum 20 participants.
- The most common barriers to learning are time and confidence, so if you’re not sure you can do it, we know how you feel and we want to help. We’ll provide the knowledge, resources and support for you to produce music and develop an unstoppable mindset!
- The course will be taught by two female or non-binary tutors; one will lead the lesson and the other will answer your questions on the chat. You’ll be able to ask questions privately or share with the group.
- We have two free places available on our Make a Demo courses for people who can’t afford it – details are on each course booking page.
*Women / trans women / trans men / non-binary / agender / or gender variant people.
**NOTE! The early-bird tickets for Make A Demo courses are £40. The ticket price will change to £50 one month before the course start date.
THE TUTORS on all our courses are taught by professional female or non-binary music producers. In this picture you can see our tutor Iida Aino. If you’d like a chat to one of our tutors before booking and see if this course is for you, you can book a 15-minute meeting with Emily Johnson, Equalize Music Production co-founder and tutor. She’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Get to know all our tutors here.
You can also get a flavour of our tutor Emily’s teaching style in this video:
MAKE A DEMO – Course Content
This course is for complete beginners. We’ll provide step-by-step learning in a warm, welcoming and supportive environment.
Nowadays it is important to know how to make your own song demos at home. It is a step towards independence and control over your own music, time-schedule, and sound. Making a demo is not difficult and we are sure everyone can learn it just in a day! On our one day course, you will learn how to make beats, add instrumentals, record and process vocals, create an efficient arrangement and finish your demo with basic mixing / mastering. These techniques will make your track sound big, professional, and loud, so it will be sure to impress!
To attend you don’t need to have any previous experience with music production and making demos. The only thing you need to have is a laptop, headphones and a good internet connection. If you feel insecure and unsure of your capabilities of learning these techniques… don’t worry, all of our professional tutors know this feeling, and we have developed techniques that will make sure you will leave the course feeling confident and happy. So give yourself the chance to take back control of your own sound! 😀