Ableton Live – Intro to Mixing
This is a 4-week online course for women & non-binary people aged 16+ in mixing music with Ableton Live. Each session is 2 hours and you will need a laptop, internet connection and pair of headphones to take part. You don’t need to be an expert in Ableton Live, you just need to know the basic concepts such as Tracks, Clips, the Session View, the Arrangement View and the Browser. If you are new to Ableton Live and wish to learn the basics, check out our Ableton Live Level 1 course here. Anyone who has already done L1 is welcome to do this Mixing Course, and Mixing can be done alongside Level 2.
The most common barriers to learning are time and confidence, so if you’re not sure you can do it, we know how you feel and we want to help. We’ll provide the knowledge, resources and support for you to produce music and develop an unstoppable mindset!
- For £85 you will receive 4 x 2-hour taught group lessons, coursework tasks, resource materials and email support.
- The course will give you an introduction to mixing songs. We will start by explaining what mixing is and why it’s an important skill. You’ll learn to use return tracks, effects, and dynamic processing, to make your songs sound bigger, deeper, wider and polished.
- The course will be taught by two female tutors; one will lead the lesson and the other will answer your questions on the chat. You’ll be able to ask questions privately or share with the group. Each group has maximum 20 participants.
- You can do the course using any version of Live (Intro, Standard or Suite), but if you have Live Lite or if you don’t have Ableton Live, we would ask you to download and install the trial version of Live.
- One ‘Star Student’ will receive a goody bag of Ableton merch in the post!
ABLETON LIVE – Intro to Mixing
19:00 – 21:00 (UK Time)
13.08 – 03.09.2020
ABLETON LIVE – Intro to Mixing Course Content
We’ll provide step-by-step learning in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Week 1: Mixing explained & how to mix a song from start to finish
- Week 2: Dynamic Processing (Compressor & Equalizer)
- Week 3: Using Effects and Creative Mixing
- Week 4: Loudness, Space & Depth