Here are some of our favourite collectives and organisations who celebrate and support women in music. Word is spreading and numbers are growing!
- The Yorkshire Sound Women’s Network runs events, courses, meetups and regional groups for women and girls interested in gaining skills and confidence in music and sound technology. They have been incredibly supportive to us in our journeys as musicians and music leaders.
- Liina from Equalize has a list of female & gender minority YouTubers specialised in audio, including producers, engineers, sound designers, DJs, and performers.
- Female:Pressure is a very active international collective. They have a searchable database of women in music and you can sign up for regular emails of messages between members.
- The SoundGirls website has news, opportunities, resources, and events for females in audio. You can add yourself to their directory of women in disciplines industry-wide for networking and hiring, and check out their production company.
- 2% rising is a group of womxn & non-binary people who are music producers and studio engineers. They host weekly Zoom calls which can be performances / skillshares / listening parties or just chatting.
- Vick Bain is a consultant and campaigner for women and diversity in music and is one of the leading researchers in this area. She created The F-List, a database of UK female artists, musicians and labels aimed at promoters, festival bookers, commissioners & music supervisors.